University of Minnesota Pillsbury Hall Renovation
Gephart served as the electrical contractor for the renovation of the second oldest building on the University of Minnesota Campus. Built in 1889, this building is home to the Department of English and is located in the middle of the Old Campus Historic District. The project entailed demolition and renovation of the interior while preserving historic features such as the stone walls and vaulted beams in the ceiling.
As the electrical contractor, Gephart’s contributions included:
- Lighting and lighting controls
- MV transformer
- New building electrical service
- New power distribution system and a communications service entrance duct bank
- Fire alarm, access control, CCTV and A/V
- Minimized disruption to faculty and students on an active campus.
- Maximized limited space for mechanical equipment in the crawl space by designing and installing an alternative telecom duct bank outside of the building.
- Completed the project under the GMP budget and returned savings to the Owner.