U.S. Bank Stadium
Through the joint venture Build 23, Gephart Electric served as the design-assist electrical contractor to build U.S. Bank Stadium. This 1,750,000 SF stadium located in the heart of Minneapolis is home to the Minnesota Vikings and towers nearly 30 stories high. It is the first new NFL stadium to feature an LED sports lighting system and features over 21,000 LED light fixtures and almost 18 billion watts.
Gephart provided design-assist, electrical construction, and low voltage systems for the construction of this state-of-the-art stadium. Gephart’s contributions included:
- Sports lighting element reductions based on calculations
- Alternate light fixture design
- Expanded use of underground feeder installations
- Early completion of permanent power to reduce construction heating costs and allow early start-up activities for mechanical
- Switchgear configuration modifications to save on equipment costs and allow additional architectural space
- Generator reductions and relocation to allow additional architectural space
- Early procurement based on modeling efforts
- Identified and incorporated over $2.5 million of accepted value analysis options during the preconstruction process.
- Completed the job six weeks early by identifying alternative means and methods, materials, layouts and work sequences that reduced cost, increased efficiency, and reduced schedule durations.
- Exceeded the Target Group Business and Workforce Utilization goals by working alongside our valued woman-owned Construction Partnering Program (CPP) partner Gunnar Electric.