Gephart provided design-assist services for the construction of Target Field, the home of the Minnesota Twins that opened in 2010. The 40,000-seat stadium is one of the highest-profile construction projects in the state’s history. Gephart won the job among fierce competition from the best of the best in the commercial contracting industry.
Gephart provided design-assist support for the construction of this state-of-the-art stadium. Gephart’s contributions included:
- Early design input and cost savings suggestions which led to more than $3,000,000 in savings
- Early planning and design-assist work to successfully construct the stadium on an extraordinarily tight site — over a major railway and freeway and between existing bridge overpasses
- Commitment to utilize best field personnel and senior management staff
- Encouraged and facilitated participation of disadvantaged business enterprise suppliers and contractors.
- Received a Certificate of Occupancy and substantial completion two months ahead of schedule.