Target Center Renovation
Gephart was hired as the design-assist electrical and low voltage contractor for this 18-month, multi-phased project to renovate the Target Center; a venue that hosts NBA games, WNBA games, concerts and other prominent events. Nearly every aspect of the facility was upgraded including the lobby, locker rooms, suites and concourses. New additions to the facility included a state-of-the-art center-hung scoreboard, two eating establishments, and a multi-level glass box atrium.
As the design-assist electrical contractor, Gephart’s contributions included:
- Addition of a 400kw emergency generator and 45 kva UPS
- Expansion of the existing distribution throughout the facility
- Wiring and connections for two new elevators and new center-hung scoreboard
- Upgraded fire alarm system and smoke control system
As the low voltage contractor, Gephart LVS’s contributions included:
- Broadcast infrastructure
- TV distribution & cabling
- TV brackets & install
- Wi-Fi installation
- Bowl audio
- Access control
- AV sound & equipment
- Closet builds
- Backbone fiber
- Data cabling
- Coaxial backbone cabling
- Finished the project on time and was flexible to work around multiple NBA games, WNBA games, and concerts.
- Exceeded the Target Group Business and Workforce Utilization goals by working alongside our valued woman-owned Construction Partnering Program (CPP) partner Gunnar Electric.
- Enhanced the fan experience at a venue that hosts over 200 events a year.
- Top Project of 2017 – Finance & Commerce