Semiconductor Fabrication Building
1 / 7
Gephart was selected to provide confidential design-build support for this 80,000 SF semiconductor fabrication facility which included 10 cleanrooms and support areas. The success of the project expanded the owner’s ability to produce miniature silicon wafer sensors that are used across the company’s aerospace sensor-based products and systems.
Gephart provided design-build and electrical construction for this highly confidential manufacturing space. Gephart’s contributions included:
- Heavy use of BIM for trade coordination
- Utilization of clean construction methods
- Frequent communication to remove conflicts between involved trades
- Creation of custom tool matrix detailing specifications and locations of manufacturing tooling
- Custom tool matrix resulted in more accurate construction documents and as-builts.
- Clean construction methods prevented any delays due to contaminated cleanrooms and helped meet owner’s schedule and budget.
- VE suggestions regarding feeders and grounding led to significant savings for the owner.
“I have had nothing but a positive working relationship with Gephart on the project (a semiconductor fabrication building). Their work has been exemplary. They have performed in a very efficient and professional manner. I would be glad to work with Gephart on future projects and would recommend them to others.”
Chris Lyles, Project Manager, Knutson Construction