Pinnacle Bank Arena
Gephart performed the electrical, technology, and A/V systems work for this 16,000-seat arena used for Nebraska Cornhuskers basketball games and for major concerts and shows in the Lincoln market. The design-assist GMP project included a 13.8kV primary distribution system, 20,000 amps of 480V power, and over 13,000 light fixtures.
Gephart provided design-assist support for the construction of this high-powered arena. Gephart’s contributions included:
- Innovative design and reductions to sports lighting elements
- Alternate light fixture design
- Packaging and buyout
- Aluminum feeder conductors
- Expanded use of underground feeder installations
- Phasing to allow early permanent power to support field preparation
- Generator reductions based on calculations
- Off-site storage to accommodate pre-purchased items to guard against commodities increases
- Assessed cost, schedule, and constructability requirements to achieve $2.3 million in accepted value analysis options.
- Completed the job a month early by utilizing the skills and relationships of local partners.
- Local partnerships combined with large project expertise to deliver an arena that opened to rave reviews.