Pinnacle Bank Arena
1 / 7
Gephart performed the electrical, technology, and A/V systems work for this 16,000-seat arena used for Nebraska Cornhuskers basketball games and for major concerts and shows in the Lincoln market. The design-assist GMP project included a 13.8kV primary distribution system, 20,000 amps of 480V power, and over 13,000 light fixtures.
Gephart provided design-assist support for the construction of this high-powered arena. Gephart’s contributions included:
- Innovative design and reductions to sports lighting elements
- Alternate light fixture design
- Packaging and buyout
- Aluminum feeder conductors
- Expanded use of underground feeder installations
- Phasing to allow early permanent power to support field preparation
- Generator reductions based on calculations
- Off-site storage to accommodate pre-purchased items to guard against commodities increases
- Assessed cost, schedule, and constructability requirements to achieve $2.3 million in accepted value analysis options.
- Completed the job a month early by utilizing the skills and relationships of local partners.
- Local partnerships combined with large project expertise to deliver an arena that opened to rave reviews.
"Over the years I have worked with numerous electrical subcontractors on complicated sports facilities. Gephart's experience with this building type was obvious during the construction of the Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln, NE. Their management process and approach to completing work in the field made my experience with their organization conflict free and allowed our project to be on time and meet the Owner's budget."
Mike Clay, Executive Project Manager, PC Sports