Minnesota State Capitol Restoration
Gephart served as the design-assist electrical contractor for the restoration of the Minnesota State Capital — the building’s first major restoration since its original construction in 1905. The project set out to modernize the electrical and low-voltage systems while adhering to the guiding principles of architectural integrity, building functionality, safety, and security.
Gephart provided design-assist, electrical construction, and low voltage systems for the restoration of this historic structure. Gephart’s contributions included:
- Utilization of mockups in nearly every installed system to ensure no delays during the project
- Installation of custom, historically-inspired light fixtures to preserve design integrity and adhere to mounting requirements
- Early on-site investigation to identify available pathways for system installation
- BIM services to coordinate and maximize available space
- Over 760 historical light fixtures were restored and reinstalled in their original locations.
- Completed project one month ahead of schedule with over $1 million in cost savings.