Minnesota Departments of Agriculture and Health Laboratory Facility
Gephart provided electrical construction for the Minnesota Departments of Agriculture and Health lab facilities in St. Paul, MN. This project was one of two major projects underway simultaneously within the Minnesota State Capitol complex, providing a number of logistical challenges during the planning process.
Gephart provided electrical construction service for these highly secure research facilities. Gephart’s contributions included:
- Worked with the general contractor, engineers, and architects to meet several unique installation requirements
- Consulted with lab experts to achieve the necessary sealing of lab spaces
- Coordinated successful installation of service distribution units needed to accommodate all of the facility’s electrical, mechanical, and gas feeds
- Gephart personnel worked the equivalent of 16 weeks of owner-requested overtime to complete this project on-time.
- After 18 months, the facilities successfully passed testing and certification.