Midwest Hospital Project
Together with Boldt Construction, Gephart provided this confidential client with a new 92,000 SF standalone replacement hospital in the Midwest. The design-assist project included 15 private patient rooms, 24 exam rooms, three imaging rooms, and specialty rooms for cardiology, dermatology, podiatry, otolaryngology, pediatrics, and psychology.
Gephart provided design-assist support for the construction of this healthcare facility. Gephart’s contributions included:
- Anticipated the coordination and duration of work scopes to shorten project schedule
- Made use of BIM for spatial coordination with other trades
- Rough-in for all low-voltage systems
- Had one subcontractor perform all cabling work for the low-voltage systems to achieve cost savings and improve schedule
- Worked with Boldt, the owner, and Dunham Associates to provide almost $400,000 in value alternate ideas.
- Worked closely with on-site trades to ensure long-lead items were procured early to maintain schedule.
- Reduced labor hours on the project and returned unused labor costs back to the owner.