Lakeside Behavioral Health System – Geriatric Building
1 / 5
Gephart was the design-build electrical contractor for this new 25,000 SF, 48-bed facility designed to care for older adults and those seeking mental healthcare. This single-story building features a centralized nursing station, medical clinic area, and multiple procedure rooms including transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) and electroconvulsive therapy (ECT).
As the design-build partner on the Core Management Team (CMT), Gephart’s contributions included:
- Installed new underground fiber optic lines spanning over 2,000 feet to the existing facility
- Utilized Trimble and BIM technologies for coordination, fast-track layout, and installation
- Prefabricated conduit racks and in-wall rough in assemblies
- Emergency generator backup
- Kept project on aggressive 8-month schedule by streamlining installation with BIM, Trimble and prefabrication.
- Delivered project $125,000 under budget and maximized profit pool while returning the savings to the Owner.