Gaming & Hospitality
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, IN
1 / 6
Gephart provided design-assist electrical construction on this new 175,000 SF casino and 890,000 SF parking garage. The casino included 1,800 slot machines, four restaurants, three coffee bars, and retail outlets.
Gephart provided electrical construction service for this massive, complex casino resort. Gephart’s contributions included:
- Presented value engineering options during preconstruction that led to significant project savings
- Made provisions for the owner’s vision for future growth
- Branch power and lighting layout were performed early allowing for a majority of the conduit homeruns to be installed underground
- Flexibility and speed to adapt to a fluid project schedule allowed Gephart to complete the project on time.
- Project success led to participation in the building expansion, which will include additional gaming floor, back-of-house expansion, ballroom, and more.
“Throughout the [Four Winds South Bend] preconstruction process, Gephart provided multiple preliminary budgets with impactful value engineering ideas and constructability comments which were very helpful to both the overall budget and schedule. Gephart’s enthusiastic engagement during the preconstruction process was a key factor in why Gephart was eventually awarded the electrical and data scope of work on the project. Once construction began, the combination of Gephart’s pro-active design-assist approach and BIM coordination led to an efficient schedule and quality product for our client.”
Mitch Davison, Contract Manager, F.A. Wilhelm Construction Co.