Four Winds New Buffalo
Gephart was hired to provide electrical design-assist and low-voltage design-build support for the construction of the Four Winds Casino Resort in New Buffalo, MI. Due to legal battles delaying the project, the design process was fast-tracked and had to be completed in just a few months before the electrical and communications work began on-site.
Gephart provided design-assist and design-build support for the construction of this breathtaking casino resort. Gephart’s contributions included:
- Worked closely with the developer, Lakes Entertainment, to prevent delays and reduce expenses
- Installed two 15 KV unit substations, four 1,500 KV emergency generator sets, and two 150 KW UPS systems, including a full UPS system for the gaming floor
- Laid more than 1 million feet of data cable and more than 200,000 feet of fiber strands
- Quickly remedied a cell phone signal problem by coordinating with Cellular Solutions to install a distributed cellular repeater system.
- Completed construction and opened the casino in only 14 months.