Gaming & Hospitality
Four Winds New Buffalo
New Buffalo, MI
1 / 6
Gephart was hired to provide electrical design-assist and low-voltage design-build support for the construction of the Four Winds Casino Resort in New Buffalo, MI. Due to legal battles delaying the project, the design process was fast-tracked and had to be completed in just a few months before the electrical and communications work began on-site.
Gephart provided design-assist and design-build support for the construction of this breathtaking casino resort. Gephart’s contributions included:
- Worked closely with the developer, Lakes Entertainment, to prevent delays and reduce expenses
- Installed two 15 KV unit substations, four 1,500 KV emergency generator sets, and two 150 KW UPS systems, including a full UPS system for the gaming floor
- Laid more than 1 million feet of data cable and more than 200,000 feet of fiber strands
- Quickly remedied a cell phone signal problem by coordinating with Cellular Solutions to install a distributed cellular repeater system.
- Completed construction and opened the casino in only 14 months.
“During the Four Winds Casino Opening, the Gephart Team proved once again to not only meet but exceed their promise. The Team warned me of upcoming challenges before they became huge issues, and completed their scope of work on time and within budget. They have demonstrated their ability to execute with precision and professionalism. It was a pleasure working with such a skilled staff and I look forward to our next engagement.”
Rick Walters, Vice President of Information Technology, Lakes Entertainment, Inc.