Fairview Southdale Perioperative Addition and Renovation
1 / 4
Gephart was brought in to renovate and rebuild 19 operating rooms and staff support areas at Fairview Hospital, in addition to replacing the entire 13.8 KV switchgear and feeders. The job needed to be completed without interrupting the hospital’s services or patient care.
Gephart provided electrical construction and design-assist support for the addition and renovation of this healthcare facility. Gephart’s contributions included:
- Maintained hospital operations and disruption avoidance for the duration of the project
- Coordinated outages to help the hospital maintain patient focus
- Removed and rebuilt eight existing operating rooms and renovated an additional 11
- Removed and replaced the 13.8 KV switchgear and feeders
- Assisted in maintaining infection control in all work areas by sealing them off and utilizing portable HEPA filters.
- Installed a state-of-the-art flywheel UPS system for emergency backup power.
- Gephart is still on-site today providing ongoing service and maintenance.
“Gephart Electric was a great partner on our recent major OR remodel project. They were competitive, competent, stayed on schedule and brought solutions to some of the more complex issues around the electrical portion of the project.”
Robb Gruman, Vice President Facilities, Guest & Patient Services, Fairview Southdale Hospital