Baptist Memorial Hospital – North Mississippi
Gephart built on its success from three previous Baptist Memorial Hospital projects to take on this six-floor greenfield hospital building complete with 217 patient beds, 10 operating rooms, five imaging rooms, and more. The fast-track project included significant preconstruction services and was awarded to Gephart just prior to the design-development issuance of drawings.
Gephart provided electrical construction service for this six-floor hospital building. Gephart’s contributions included:
- Relied upon ability to man the project with over 115 skilled electrical workers in a remote locale with a difficult labor market
- Incorporated a mix of on-site and off-site prefabrication strategies in conjunction with manufactured prefabricated components
- Provided multiple target cost alignment ideas to deliver over $2 million in cost savings
- Dedicated close-out team drove the punchlist to zero and worked in concert with the commissioning agent.
- Assured design intent was met in full and proved complete functionality to the satisfaction of the owner.
- Gephart continued to have a presence on campus handling all ongoing needs for moves, additions, and changes as the group fine-tuned its work spaces.
- Gephart was selected to concurrently construct the adjacent medical office building.